- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
The Community Energy Coalition
Community Energy Fortnight 2017
Community Energy Fortnight 2017 is launched and we are excited to announce that the theme for this year is "Powering Together". For the first time, the Fortnight will take place in early summer, between 24th June – 9th July 2017. This will facilitate more outdoor events than ever before, and enable us to link up with the Climate Coalition to combine forces with the Speak Up Week of Action in the first week of July. This new partnership will result in a larger event and a louder voice as we showcase inspiring examples of communities who are sharing their resources to generate clean renewable energy or actively reduce their energy demand and carbon emissions.
We need as many event organisers as possible to make this year's celebration happen so we have produced an event pack which is full of resources and inspirational ideas for your event. If you can organise an event, please fill in this form, or email email@example.com.
Community Energy Fortnight is coordinated by Community Energy England and Forum for The Future on behalf of the Community Energy Coalition. The Co-operative Energy are again showing their unwavering support for community energy by generously sponsoring the Fortnight.
Generating and saving energy together for the benefit of all.
Energy is such a vital part of our lives, and yet we have next to no say in how it is generated, how much it costs us or where it comes from. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
From the Scottish Highlands to the Devonshire shores, people across the breadth of Britain are already coming together to change the way we think about the energy system and their relationship with it.
The Community Energy Coalition is a group of trusted and influential civic society organisations and sustainable energy experts, working to help enable communities take control of their energy. Explore the site to find out more about who we are.