- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
About the Community Energy Fortnight
The annual Community Energy Fortnight is a platform to showcase inspiring examples of communities who are sharing their resources and generating renewable energy and wasting less - embracing technologies as diverse as solar-PV arrays, wind turbines, hydro-electricity and biomass heat.
Community energy in the UK has never been more successful, vibrant or necessary - with 2016 seeing record levels of deployment and the sector finally beginning to make a real impact at scale. However, current initiatives have been possible through financial support models, such as the Feed-in Tariff (FiT) subsidy and Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) tax relief regimes, which have now been withdrawn for future projects.
This means that by 2018 the community energy sector will need to have developed radically new models of operation if it is to continue moving forward and develop at scale.
In 2016 we celebrated the fourth Community Energy Fortnight, which ran from the 3rd to 18th September, and was supported by The Co-operative Energy, With the theme of Powering Forward, the Fortnight not only not only celebrated successful current projects, but also aimed to encourage discussion and explore options for development of new models to face the challenges ahead. Events followed four broad areas:
· Exploring new approaches – new business models for community energy?
· Stories from abroad – inspiration from other countries
· Seeing and celebrating – showcasing successful projects and initiatives
· Powering up – training, skills-building, learning events and workshops
To see the events held during #CEF16, visit our event page.
If you’re interested in getting involved in running an event for #CEF17, or would like to know more information, please contact us here.