- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
About the Community Energy Fortnight
The annual Community Energy Fortnight is a platform to showcase inspiring examples of communities who are sharing their resources and generating renewable energy and wasting less - embracing technologies as diverse as solar-PV arrays, wind turbines, hydro-electricity and biomass heat.
Community energy in the UK has never been more successful, vibrant or necessary - with 2016 seeing record levels of deployment and the sector finally beginning to make a real impact at scale. However, current initiatives have been possible through financial support models, such as the Feed-in Tariff (FiT) subsidy and Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) tax relief regimes, which have now been withdrawn for future projects.
This means that by 2018 the community energy sector will need to have developed radically new models of operation if it is to continue moving forward and develop at scale.
2017 will see the fifth Community Energy Fortnight take place from 24th June – 9th July. Again, Community Energy Fortnight is supported by The Co-operative Energy and this year, for the first time has linked up with The Climate Coalition to combine forces during their Week of Community Action from 1st - 9th July.
We are looking for event organisers to help us make 2017 an even more diverse and distinctly louder celebration of all things community energy. For inspiration of what happened during #CEF16, visit last year's event page. If you’re interested in getting involved in running an event for #CEF17, or would like to know more information, please contact us here.