- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Community Energy Conference, 2016 – Powering Forward
3 Sep 16
9:00am to 4:30pm
Said Business School, Park End Street, Oxford, OX1 1HP
Co-operative Energy & Community Energy England
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
Following the success of its 2013, 2014 and 2015 national events, The Co-operative Energy is pleased to announce its Community Energy Conference 2016. This year’s event is titled ‘Powering Forward - rebooting the UK's community energy sector’ and will once again be jointly hosted with Community Energy England.
The community energy sector in the UK has never been more successful, vibrant or relevant. But programmes are underpinned by finance and support that has been secured under now defunct FiT subsidy and EIS tax relief regimes. The sector therefore needs to develop radically new models of operation if it is to continue moving forward apace.
The Conference will explore the options for development of these new models. What role can local government play? How will the crowd-sourcing of finance change? Do demand management and storage provide radical new options? Can the EU's new Renewable Energy Directive offer new impetus? These and other questions will be explored at what has become the UK’s largest and most exciting annual gathering of community energy practitioners.
The event will be FREE to attend (including lunch and refreshments) to ensure that as many communities as possible can enjoy access to an unparalleled range of speakers and interactive sessions.