- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Community Energy to the Rescue - local choices, global effects.
2 Sep 16
7:00pm to 9:30pm
Bristol Uni SU, 105 Queens Road, BS8 1LN
Artists Project Earth
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
Renewable energy is making rapid strides. Many households now have their own solar PV, but most renewables are installed and owned by large, distant companies. Challenging this, community energy initiatives are now springing up in many places. They ensure local choices and local control, and allow our towns and villages to reap the financial and employment benefits.
Is community energy the key to decarbonising the UK and accelerating renewable energy?
Join us for fascinating presentations by leading pioneers and practitioners to discuss technology, finance and practical action, followed by panel and audience discussion. Speakers will include:
- Herbert Girardet, film maker, author, consultant; chair
- Preben Maegaard, renewable energy pioneer, Denmark
- Wendy Stephenson, director, The Converging World, Bristol
- Adam Twine, Westmill Farm, Oxfordshire
- Peter Head, CBE, civil and structural engineer, London
- Andy O’Brien, founder-director, Bristol Energy Cooperative
This public event is a FREE part of the Radical Technology conference held in at Bristol Uni's SU on Queens Road between 2nd - 4th September. APE are proud to provide our social channels and financial support to this conference, which is close to our hearts. Please visit their Eventbrite page if you would like to attend the full conference.
For more details about the radical technology conference please contact:
Daphne Davies – Daphnedoubled@gmail.com. Tel: 07770230251
Peter Harper – email@example.com