- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Community Power Workshop: community energy and local governments
9 Sep 15
Anglo Study Centre, 45 Russell Square, Bloomsbury, WC1B 4JP London
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
Under the framework of the Fortnight, ICLEI Europe and Friends of the Earth are organising a CO-POWER workshop on the topic “Community Energy & Local Governments: capacity building on financial models - zooming in on ESCOs”.
Local decision-makers, council planners, local government associations / networks and energy agencies are invited to participate in this free workshop which will take place on the 9th of September and will address the following questions: - How can a local government invest in community energy? Why? - How do you set up and ESCO? - What are the barriers and how can they be overcome? - How does one access funding for local climate and energy action? What models work? The programme of the day is available here!