- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Hackney Energy - Solar Celebration!
20 Sep 14
Homerton Grove Adventure Playground, Wardle Street, London, E9 5QG
Activity, Open day
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
To mark Community Energy Fortnight Hackney Energy will be hosting a Solar Celebration in Homerton Grove Adventure Playground!
Homerton Grove Adventure Playground was home to one of the first solar installations in the borough back in 1995. However, for the last three years the panels have not been working. Hackney Energy and young people from the neighbouring Banister House Estate therefore dived in and rewired the panels and replaced the inverter to get the panels generating again for this important community space.
Hackney Energy is a community group that aims to create renewable energy and low carbon projects that benefit the Hackney community. We are currently working with Repowering London on Hackney’s first energy co-operative. The co-operative will be installing 120kW of solar panels on the Banister House estate later this year.
Bring your kids and come along on Saturday to see the Homerton Grove panels, learn about solar, hear about Hackney Energy’s ideas, and tell us your ideas for renewables for our borough. Snacks will be provided.