- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Shared Ownership Seminar
18 Sep 14
SGH Martineau LLP, London
£295 (non-members), £25 (community members), £95 (other members)
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
The introduction of shared ownership is a significant development for renewable energy and an opportunity, if done well, for renewables developers to build productive relationships with local communities and open up new finance.
The government’s Community Energy Strategy says that:
We expect that by 2015 it will be the norm for communities to be offered the opportunity of some level of ownership of new, commercially developed onshore renewables projects.
This event, run by Community Energy England, is the first where developers and communities can meet together to explore how shared ownership can work for them.
The event will cover:
- An overview and recommendations of the Shared Ownership Taskforce
- The experience from Europe – a developer’s perspective and experience
- The community perspective and experience
There will also be plenty of time for questions and debate.
See the draft programme here.