- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Solar SOAS Crowdfunding
3 Sep 16 to 18 Sep 16
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
Solar SOAS, based at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in London is the first University community energy project of its kind in the UK. The project aims to get solar panels installed on the unused roofs of the university, starting with the roofs of the SOAS Old Building. This student-run project is launching its first ever fundraising drive - an amazing opportunity for students, staff, alumni and friends of the university and renewable energy to help get this worthwhile project off the ground and join the green power revolution!
Funds will go towards purchasing and installing 114 solar panels, with the aim of finishing the install by late September. Generous funding for the project is also coming from the urban community energy fund (UCEF), SOAS itself, and the SOAS Students Union - but it’s up to the SOAS community to contribute the rest, which will make it a project we all have a stake in.