- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Stockport Hydro Ltd Open Afternoon
4 Sep 16
2:00pm to 4:00pm
Stockport Hydro Ltd, Mill Lane, Romiley, Stockport SK6 3LQ. Please park at Vale Road Car Park, Vale Road, Romiley, SK6 3LD.
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
Our two Archimedes screws, Thunder and Lightning, have been operational since October 2012, generating renewable electricity which is fed into the National Grid.
The scheme, generating electricity on the River Goyt at Otterspool since October 2012, was Greater Manchester's first community-owned renewable energy project.
Shareholders would be delighted to meet you and give you a guided tour.
Please note there are no facilities on site but the Hare and Hounds Pub and Wyevale Garden Centre are near by.
0161 427 0411