- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Support your local community energy project
There are a number of different ways you can support schemes going on in your area. But first you will need to know where they are. Use this interactive map from CEC member SCENE to find out what’s going on and where. If there aren’t any projects underway near you, maybe you could be the one to get something started! Read the next section to see whether it’s for you.
· Invest in a community energy project: many projects raise the funds they need by offering shares to the local community. This means that local people can also enjoy a direct financial benefit. Community Shares lists some of those currently available.
· Visit an event during Community Energy Fortnight: from 5th to 20th September 2015 there will be events taking place across the UK. From tours of small-scale solar farms to conferences and workshops, the Fortnight offers a host of opportunities for you to see projects in action and talk to the people involved with them. Take a look at the Community Energy Fortnight page for more details.
· Volunteer: Depending on the size, scale and nature of the community energy schemes in your area, the project teams may be on the lookout for local people willing to give their time to helping with the day-to-day running. Enquire with the project leaders to find out what opportunities there are for you.