- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Getting community energy involved in Local Enterprise Partnerships
- The energy system is in flux, let’s ready ourselves for a community takeover
- Celebrating a strong year for energised communities at CfR
- Community Energy at the forefront of disruptive change in the energy sector
- Meet your MP about community energy this Community Energy Fortnight
- We can do more to foster community energy in low-income communities.
- What next for community energy in a post-FIT world?
- A new generation of investors are using their money to drive change
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
The Community Energy Coalition
Community Energy Fortnight 2018
The annual Community Energy Fortnight is a platform to showcase inspiring examples of communities who are sharing their resources and generating renewable energy and wasting less - embracing technologies as diverse as solar-PV arrays, wind turbines, hydro-electricity and biomass heat.
Community Energy Fortnight is again linking up with The Climate Coalition's Speak Up Week of Action which is this year calling for the UK’s Climate Change Act to be strengthened to match the ambition of the Paris Climate Agreement and see the UK be carbon neutral by 2050. This is a goal we are sure everyone can get behind and many people reading this are already contributing towards. So from 23 June - 8 July, we will be celebrating the energised communities who are actively reducing carbon emissions and helping people in their communities at the same time. The fight against climate change is people powered!
We already have some great events lined up, but want as many event organisers as possible to make this year's celebration happen. If you are planning to organise an event, please fill in this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For resources and inspirational ideas for your event, check our event pack. For inspiration, see our review of what happened at CEF17 and have a look at all the events that took place.
Co-op Energy is again showing unwavering support for community energy by generously sponsoring CEF18. We are thankful for Co-op Energy's generous support, that allows us to make this happen
Let's make 2018 the year of energised communities!
Community Energy Fortnight is coordinated by Community Energy England on behalf of the Community Energy Coalition.
Generating and saving energy together for the benefit of all.
Energy is such a vital part of our lives, and yet we have next to no say in how it is generated, how much it costs us or where it comes from. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
From the Scottish Highlands to the Devonshire shores, people across the breadth of Britain are already coming together to change the way we think about the energy system and their relationship with it.
The Community Energy Coalition is a group of trusted and influential civic society organisations and sustainable energy experts, working to help enable communities take control of their energy. Explore the site to find out more about who we are.