- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Getting community energy involved in Local Enterprise Partnerships
- The energy system is in flux, let’s ready ourselves for a community takeover
- Celebrating a strong year for energised communities at CfR
- Community Energy at the forefront of disruptive change in the energy sector
- Meet your MP about community energy this Community Energy Fortnight
- We can do more to foster community energy in low-income communities.
- What next for community energy in a post-FIT world?
- A new generation of investors are using their money to drive change
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Behind the scenes at the Eden Project
27 Aug 13
The Eden Project, Bodelva, St Austell, Cornwall, PL24 2SG
Geothermal, Solar, Other
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
The Eden Project is a unique educational charity, a social enterprise and a world class visitor destination which explores people’s dependence on the natural world in order to rebuild some of the connections of understanding that have vanished from many people’s lives. Our belief is that that understanding, that connection to everything that supports our very lives, is a vital first step if we are to face up to, and wanting to seek solutions to, the many challenges facing us in the 21st Century. On site we have the UK’s first ever staff owned solar scheme, Solarfair, a 48kw array. We also have plans for a deep geothermal plant and large scale solar scheme.
At this event you’ll get to hear from Energy Manager Matt Hastings who ran the collective purchasing initiative Cornwall Together along with other partners. He will also discuss future plans for UK Together….before going on a behind the scenes tour of one of our biomes. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions about energy management at the Eden Project and future community energy plans.
The footpaths around site are steep so appropriate footwear and a good level of fitness is recommended.
Places are limited, so please book using the button on the right.
There is another chance to take this tour from 2 - 3.30pm on 3rd September. Please specify in your email which tour you would like to take.