- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- A review of CEF17
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Bridport and Lyme Regis Open Eco Homes
13 Sep 14
Bridport and Lyme Regis
Energy efficiency, Solar
Free (booking required for some properties)
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
Twelve homes in the Bridport area and five around Lyme Regis (along with one public building) will be open to the public 12 - 14 September 2014 to demonstrate renewable energy and greener behaviour in the home.
Intriguing materials which can be seen include traditional lime and hemp plaster, straw bales as load-bearing walls and thermafleece wool as insulation. Solar heating, photovoltaic (PV) panels, and off-grid living are also on show.
Whether you are planning a new building, improving your current one, or picking up useful tips to cut down your fuel bills, you can talk to the people who have done it about what they wish they had known before they started! This needn’t be expensive – cutting out draughts and insulating your home can pay for itself in a year, and the savings will continue year after year.
For a summary of the Features of all the homes, follow this link
For a list of the houses and their opening times, click here
For more information visit http://www.transitiontownbridport.co.uk/content/open.asp