- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- A review of CEF17
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Build Your Own Solar Panel
13 Sep 14
£100 (includes taking home the solar panel you build on the day)
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
Learn DIY solar with recycled materials for your shed, home, community project (or anywhere!) with Demand Energy Equality – and take home a completed panel at the end of the day.
From where to source the materials to how to connect multiple panels together, you will learn all you need to know to build a small or large solar panel for a fraction of the cost of buying one. You will learn:
- The electrical basics: current, voltage, resistance, power, series and parallel circuits.
- How to build DIY solar PV panels.
- How to test and understand your panel.
- Information about the energy dilemma in the UK and possible future solutions.
You will be provided with all the materials you need to build your panel. The size of the panel you will build ranges between 40W-80W, and depends on how well you and the soldering iron get on! Demand Energy Equality can also provide further information and guides on consolidating your learning and how to tailor your DIY solar to your needs. For more information on course content, click here.
Booking is essential as some of the courses will be fully booked weeks in advance. However if places are still available then reservations can be made until 4pm the day before the course.