- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Getting community energy involved in Local Enterprise Partnerships
- The energy system is in flux, let’s ready ourselves for a community takeover
- Celebrating a strong year for energised communities at CfR
- Community Energy at the forefront of disruptive change in the energy sector
- Meet your MP about community energy this Community Energy Fortnight
- We can do more to foster community energy in low-income communities.
- What next for community energy in a post-FIT world?
- A new generation of investors are using their money to drive change
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
CEF17 is Powering Together!
Community Energy Fortnight 2017 is a go! We are excited to announce that the theme for this year is "Powering Together". From 24th June - 9th July, we are looking to explore how the community energy sector is working together to ensure energy is efficiently used, generated renewably and any benefits produced shared locally.
We have been taken aback with the positive response we have received about the earlier date and the enthusiasm from event organisers. We already have two events confirmed for this year's festival and more in the pipeline.
We need as many event organisers as possible to make this year's celebration happen. If you can organise an event, please fill in this form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can help us promote CEF17, or if you have a newsletter or blog through which you could help us promote the fortnight, please let us know via email@example.com. We can send some images/suggested text. Let's make this the largest celebration of everything community energy to date!
We have created a Facebook page through which we will post updates and generate discussion about CEF17. Please "like" our page and feel free to share updates about your events, as it might help inspire other projects around the country.
Community Energy England CEO Emma Bridge has written a blog post about why Community Energy Fortnight is so important and looks back at some of her highlights from CEF16.
In the lead up to CEF17, we would like to publish more blog posts. We are flexible on the topic, but it would be good if it were tied into CEF17 and the Powering Together theme in some way. Please let us know if interested in writing one, or simply send us a blog post and we will work it into the release schedule.
For the first time this year, we have linked up with The Climate Coalition to run #CEF17 alongside their Week of Action. This will take place in the second week of the fortnight, where our shared goals will merge to create a more diverse and distinctly louder celebration of community energy and its wider benefits.
Co-operative Energy are again showing their unwavering support for community energy by generously sponsoring CEF17. We are thankful for their generous support which allows us to make this happen.
In 2017, we are Powering Together. Are you with us?