- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Getting community energy involved in Local Enterprise Partnerships
- The energy system is in flux, let’s ready ourselves for a community takeover
- Celebrating a strong year for energised communities at CfR
- Community Energy at the forefront of disruptive change in the energy sector
- Meet your MP about community energy this Community Energy Fortnight
- We can do more to foster community energy in low-income communities.
- What next for community energy in a post-FIT world?
- A new generation of investors are using their money to drive change
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Community Renewable Energy – Ways Forward in Stroud and the Five Valleys?
12 Jun 18
7:00pm to 9:15pm
Imperial Hotel, Stroud
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
Are you interested in whether there are opportunities for local communities to develop their own renewable energy supplies and to play a greater part in the smart energy revolution? And might you be willing to help make these things happen in Stroud and surrounding areas?
Then come to this workshop, ‘Community Renewable Energy – Ways Forward in Stroud and the Five Valleys?’, on Tuesday 12 June. The workshop starts at 7pm and will finish at 9.15pm, and is taking place in the Imperial Hotel near the railway station in Stroud.
Presentations will include:
· Gloucestershire Community Energy Cooperative on their experience to date and lessons learnt
· Nailsworth Climate Action Town on options for developing renewable energy projects in their community
· Community Energy England on current and emerging opportunities for community energy projects
Discussion will focus on potential ways forward and next steps. If there is sufficient interest, these could include setting up a task group to develop a plan of action.
The workshop is organised by Transition Stroud and supported by Gloucestershire Climate Action Network.
If you’re thinking of coming, send us an email (to email@example.com) or indicate your interest on the Transition Stroud facebook page.