- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Getting community energy involved in Local Enterprise Partnerships
- The energy system is in flux, let’s ready ourselves for a community takeover
- Celebrating a strong year for energised communities at CfR
- Community Energy at the forefront of disruptive change in the energy sector
- Meet your MP about community energy this Community Energy Fortnight
- We can do more to foster community energy in low-income communities.
- What next for community energy in a post-FIT world?
- A new generation of investors are using their money to drive change
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
The Element in the Room - Poems inspired by renewable energy
In the run up to the Community Energy Fortnight we would like to showcase some wonderful poetry by Matt Harvey, commissioned by UKCEC members RegenSW, inspired by renewable energy. Below is one of our favourites that was crowd-sourced at Exeter Renewable Energy Marketplace, take a look at Regen's youtube for readings by the author with the full download of the Element in the Room.
Turbines are Beautiful (Crowd-sourced at Exeter Renewable Energy Marketplace - 19 March 2013)
Turbine trees, tall and sleek
White cranes talking with the wind
Light majestic mills
You turn my head, and turn my head
Friendly sentry standing on a hillside giving us power
Bladed beauties, air cleavers
Daddy! Look, a windy bine!
What, no cooling towers?
Walkers in white, string strong, day and night
When the wind blows the energy flows
Are these steel totems the future... who knows?
Quixote’s foe in minimilist guise
Slowly turning electric stars
Leading the magi who knows where
Turbine: “Why do you stare at me and not my pylon cousin?”
A giant metal whomping willow – magician or dark lord?
Harnessing nature or annoying the hell out of people?
Rich people don’t like wind turbines, they spoil THEIR views
It would be great if the turbines were made in the UK and in colours other than grey
Three blade knife
Elegant Catherine wheel of delight
Dynamic majestic electric
enchanting and peaceful and hypnotising
Catch the breeze to make a spark flow
Wind is the only weather that can cause insanity
White sculpture, whirling power on a pole
The spin doctor’s healthy option creating rotation for the nation
No matter how much energy you take from the wind today,
there is still exactly the same amount left for tomorrow
A win win, wind wind situation
Elegant, slender, wind harvesters
Sculpted seductive emotive endless beautiful
I’m a big fan :-)
Posted 14th August 2015