- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Getting community energy involved in Local Enterprise Partnerships
- The energy system is in flux, let’s ready ourselves for a community takeover
- Celebrating a strong year for energised communities at CfR
- Community Energy at the forefront of disruptive change in the energy sector
- Meet your MP about community energy this Community Energy Fortnight
- We can do more to foster community energy in low-income communities.
- What next for community energy in a post-FIT world?
- A new generation of investors are using their money to drive change
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Get snapping for our community energy photo competition!
The Community Energy Fortnight kicks off tomorrow and to help us celebrate two weeks of awesome events taking place around the UK we’re asking you to send us your best pics from your days out.
The snappily titled Community Energy Fortnight Photo Competition is a chance for you to share your favourite photos with other community energy enthusiasts – and if they’re really good, you might win a prize!
With everything from DIY solar panel workshops, to hydro power plant tours and evening a themed poetry evening taking place, there is no end of interesting subject matter for the keen photographer out there.
Tip! The best pictures will be those which show off the two key elements of a community energy project: that’s community (i.e. people) and energy (i.e. wind turbines, solar panel, insulation etc). So please bear that in mind if you’re setting your sights on the prize!
- To submit your photo(s), please either email it to email@example.com or Tweet it to @UKCEC using the hashtag #CEF2014. Please remember to provide state where the picture was taken.
- You can submit as many entries as you like.
- The competition is open to all ages, and photos are welcome from project team members as well as visitors. If you are under 18, please get a parent or appropriate adult to send your pictures through on your behalf.
- The grand prize is an EnviR Home Energy Monitor, to help you keep track of - and reduce - your energy use at home. You can find further details here.
- The best picture will be decided by a panel of judges made up of CEC members and Forum for the Future staff, and announced in October.
- Deadline for submission of entries is Monday, 29th September 2014, 5PM.
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
- By submitting a photo you are agreeing for it to be posted on the Forum for the Future Pinterest account and website, and the UKCEC website. The picture(s) may also be used in the future to promote community energy by either Forum for the Future or the UKCEC, with an appropriate credit.
- If at any stage you would like to withdraw your photo(s), you can do so by emailing email@example.com at any time.
- It is the responsibility of the photographer, or their parent/guardian if the picture is being submitted on behalf of a child, to ensure that any people explicitly identifiable in the photos have given their permission for their image to be used.
- The prize will be posted to a UK address only.
12th Sept 2014