- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Getting community energy involved in Local Enterprise Partnerships
- The energy system is in flux, let’s ready ourselves for a community takeover
- Celebrating a strong year for energised communities at CfR
- Community Energy at the forefront of disruptive change in the energy sector
- Meet your MP about community energy this Community Energy Fortnight
- We can do more to foster community energy in low-income communities.
- What next for community energy in a post-FIT world?
- A new generation of investors are using their money to drive change
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
Launch of Two Community Hydro Schemes
24 Jun 17
11:30am to 2:00pm
Afon Ogwen, Dyffryn Ogwen & Afon Goch, Dyffryn Padarn
Ynni Ogwen & Ynni Padarn/Peris
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
On 24th June the communities of Dyffryn Ogwen and Padarn/Peris will be celebrating that they are now generating electricity for themselves by way of the plentiful rain which falls in these parts.This event is happening at the start of national community energy fortnight and is an invitation only event open to shareholders and community leaders.
The two communities have treaded similar ground during the last few months – rough ground at times which has meant a lot of hard work and endless patience but the big day has arrived: the official launches of the Ogwen community hydro-electric scheme on Afon Ogwen and Padarn/Peris community hydro-electric scheme on Afon Goch. Since they have shared the ‘blood, sweat and tears’ over the same period they are now jointly launching the hydro schemes. There are no better examples of this than the Ogwen and Padarn/Peris hydros.
See the Press Release here.