- About us
- Our work
- Get involved
- Getting community energy involved in Local Enterprise Partnerships
- The energy system is in flux, let’s ready ourselves for a community takeover
- Celebrating a strong year for energised communities at CfR
- Community Energy at the forefront of disruptive change in the energy sector
- Meet your MP about community energy this Community Energy Fortnight
- We can do more to foster community energy in low-income communities.
- What next for community energy in a post-FIT world?
- A new generation of investors are using their money to drive change
- People, Power and Happiness
- A review of CEF17
- Community energy, a magic bullet for a multitude of charitable objectives
- Community Energy Fortnight Lobbying Pack 2017
- How smart technology is empowering rural energy projects
- Community energy is not just what we do, but how we do it - By Ed Mayo, Co-operatives UK
- “It's all still to play for" says Co-op Energy's Head of Renewables
- York Community Energy trip round the panels of Auld Reekie with Edinburgh Community Solar
- The Ramblers: Protecting the places we love to walk in a changing climate
- Why Community Energy Fortnight is so important - By Emma Bridge
- CEF17 is Powering Together!
- Community Energy Fortnight 2017 dates announced and news of a new collaboration
- The community energy revolution is evolving, and the future’s bright
- Investing in community energy schemes
- Energising faith communities: the Spirit project
- Community Energy - the way forward
- CEF16 dates announced
- The community energy revolution pushes on in face of storm clouds
- Blogs 2015
- Blogs 2014
24 Jun 17 to 9 Jul 17
This is a past event, you can no longer book tickets.
The UK’s leading community energy company Mongoose Energy has launched a new crowdfunding platform – Mongoose Crowd – to serve thousands of active community energy investors in the UK. Mongoose Crowd connects its investors with UK community energy projects that target better financial returns, lower environmental impacts and positive social dividends. For the first time, UK investors will be able to crowdfund community energy bonds within a tax-free Individual Savings Account (ISA) wrapper, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Mongoose Energy’s model for developing and managing community energy assets is changing the way energy is generated, bought and sold in the UK. The company is majority-owned by 10 of the UK’s leading community energy groups. Launching its own crowdfunding platform will enable Mongoose to attract a wider group of new and existing UK investors to its projects, allowing them to:
• Join a growing community of impact investors taking control of where to invest their capital
• Invest in community energy on an investment platform built by communities for communities
• Invest directly into bonds that finance local renewable energy projects and cut UK emissions
• Invest up to £20,000 a year in renewable energy projects via a tax-free ISA wrapper
• Invest in community energy projects for the first time on a fully FCA-regulated platform
Until recently, Mongoose Energy raised money for community projects on third-party platforms, but believes hosting its own crowdfunding platform will make it easier to innovate and grow: offering more investors a wider portfolio of projects to invest in and target returns that are expected to beat the interest a typical savings account will offer.